xAncient Ming TombsxAn-Ping SettlementxArtillery FortificationsxBuddhist MonasteriesxCity God TemplexCity Walls & GatesxConfucian TemplexFamily ShrinesxForeign Merchant HousesxFort ProvintiaxFort ZeelandiaxHistorical WellsxHistorical Western Style ArchitecturexHouses & GardensxKoxinga's ShrinexMartial TemplesxMedical God TemplesxMemorial Stone GatesxPantheon of Universal DeitiesxPresbyterian ArchitecturexTemple of the Five ConcubinesxTemples of Heavenly Holy MotherxTemples of Supreme Emperor of Dark HeavenxVegetarian Hallsx

Foreign Merchant Houses

An-Ping, Keelung, Huwei and Takao were opened for foreign countries as trade ports under the condition in Tien-Chin Treaty signed by the Ching Government and the British Government in 1858. The foreign trade company started to build merchant houses in Taiwan. Two of the five important merchant house preserved in An-Ping are Ta-Chi Yang-Hang (Merchant House of Tait & Co.) and Tung-Hsin Yang-Hang (Merchant House of Julius Mannich & Co.)

Built in 1867, Te-Chi Yang-Hang is a two-story structure with arcades at south, east, and west sides. In the second floor balustrade, there were glazed green vases. Painted white, the house because a wax museum for immigrant's exploitation in Taiwan. Built between 1875 and 1895, Tung-Hsin Yang-Hang was constructed in bricks and correlates. The main feature of the building is the arcade of the west facade and the house is functioned as a museum for foreign trade today.

xAncient Ming TombsxAn-Ping SettlementxArtillery FortificationsxBuddhist MonasteriesxCity God TemplexCity Walls & GatesxConfucian TemplexFamily ShrinesxForeign Merchant HousesxFort ProvintiaxFort ZeelandiaxHistorical WellsxHistorical Western Style ArchitecturexHouses & GardensxKoxinga's ShrinexMartial TemplesxMedical God TemplesxMemorial Stone GatesxPantheon of Universal DeitiesxPresbyterian ArchitecturexTemple of the Five ConcubinesxTemples of Heavenly Holy MotherxTemples of Supreme Emperor of Dark HeavenxVegetarian Hallsx